Sunday, March 27, 2022

A Last Harrah?

Small snow flurries came and went during the day before, but nothing remained on the ground. The next morning provided a snow-covered landscape. The daffodils were bent over by the weight of the snow and a bunny had left tracks across the unbroken covering of the yard. It wasn't only the snow had fallen during the night, the temperatures had dropped also. Ice needed scrapped from the windshield before the car could be used.

    I always worry about the flowers which have already bloomed but really I shouldn’t. They always manage to survive these brief bits of winter; it is part of their make-up. The snow will only remain for a day or two and soon the temperatures will be rising again. More flowers will be popping up to join the early risers.

    After Church, I took a drive down near the railroad tracks, looking for interesting shots. In the back of my head, I was hoping a train might show up but nothing appeared. There were no trains to be seen this morning.

    I walked along the stream looking for the herons but they were elsewhere, possibly they had seen me and left. Near the swamp, a pair of geese paddled around in the water but there weren’t any other signs of wildlife. It was cold and quiet.

    Today, I’ll enjoy the looks of winter this brief snowfall has brought. I know it will soon be gone and the colors of spring will be surrounding us once again. 

    It isn’t only me waiting, so are the birds. They are happy to visit the feeder in the backyard, but I’m sure they’re looking forward to the return of Spring also.


No comments:

Stepping Back in History

Back in the 17 th and 18 th centuries one of our ancestors' needs was for good quality tools and to get these, they needed metal. The ...