Monday, October 19, 2020

Mountain Peaks

Mountain Peaks

 

Standing atop a mountain

Gazing at worlds below

Amazed at the heights climbed

The years it’s taken to arrive.

 

Mountains surround us

All of our own making

Rocks, cliffs and crags

Paths both easy and hard.

 

The trails sometimes steep

High and difficult to ascend

In places, smooth and flat

An easy stroll.

 

Slowly they stack up

One on top of another

Creating a pinnacle

Attainable by only you.

 

Comprised of dreams, memories

Fears, pride and emotion

Held together with a bond of Love.

Impervious to the weathers of life.

 

When my daughter was born

I saw a double rainbow

I thought I was on top of the world

Little did I know, I was only taking my first steps.

 

Looking down I see another

A mountain like mine, smaller

But growing quickly.

My daughters own mountain of emotions.

Stepping Back in History

Back in the 17 th and 18 th centuries one of our ancestors' needs was for good quality tools and to get these, they needed metal. The ...